Mulled wine with Rooibos
For those cold winter nights, this version of mulled wine brings you rays of South African sunshine
- 3 litres (12 cups or 6 1/3 US pints) mineral or filtered water
- 75 g (1 cup or 2 2/3 oz.) Kalahari CampKalahari Camp - Rooibos Rouge Sauvage Bio15,07 €View or Purple Sunset Purple Sunset - Rooibos Rouge Nature14,12 €View
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds
- 8 cloves
- A small piece of ginger (2 cm or about 1 inch), peeled and sliced.
- 1 orange, organic or unwaxed
- 70 g (2 ½ oz. or one scant ½ cup) raisins
- 1 litre (4 cups) red wine
- Sugar to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
1. Bring the water to the boil and infuse the Rooibos.
2. Pour into a large saucepan. Add the spices. Peel the orange, taking care to remove the bitter white pith, and dice the flesh. Add the orange and raisins and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, leaving the Rooibos.
3. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Add 1 liter (4 cups) of wine and return to the heat. Add sugar and lemon juice to taste.
5. Strain the liquid.
And there you have it!