Add extra zing to this glamorous cocktail rich in summer fruits.
Here’s a delightful recipe that combines Italian inspiration with South African terroir to make a refreshing cocktail that showcases our Rooibos.
PREP: 20 MIN – CHILL: 2 HOURS 15 MIN
Serves 12 (in champagne flutes)
- 500 ml (2 cups) mineral water
- 6 teaspoons Purple Sunset
- 12 small white peaches
- 250 g (1/2 lb.) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ½ bottles Champagne
1. Bring the water to the boil. Place the Purple Sunset in a filter in a teapot. Pour over the boiling water and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Remove the filter, pour the liquid into a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
2. Wash the peaches and remove the stones, leaving the peel. Dice the fruit. Carefully rinse the raspberries and gently pat them dry. Marinate the fruit in the rooibos infusion for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Place the glasses in the refrigerator to chill.
4. Blend the fruit with 2 tablespoons of the marinade, the sugar and the lemon juice. Divide the purée among the glasses, pour in the Champagne and serve immediately.