Rooibos flavoured peach soup
The perfect dessert to end a romantic dinner
PREP: 20 MIN – COOK: 10 MIN – CHILL: 4 HOURS 30 MIN
For a candlelit dinner for two
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) mineral or filtered water
- 15 g (1/2 oz. or 3 tablespoons) Safari Cape (for a sweeter dessert, use the same quantity of Red Veldt)
- 4 small ripe yellow peaches
- 1 small ripe white peach
- 50 g (1 ¾ oz. or 1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 small sprig mint for garnish
1. Bring the water to the boil and infuse the Rooibos for 10 minutes. Strain into a saucepan.
2. Dip the peaches into a bowl of boiling water for two minutes, refresh under cold water, pat dry and peel. Cut the yellow peaches into halves and set aside in a mixing bowl. Dice the white peach.
3. Bring the strained Rooibos liquid to the boil and lower the heat to minimum. Add the sugar and the white peach. Stir carefully to combine. Stew gently for 10 minutes, remove from the heat and leave to rest for a further 10 minutes with the lid on. Process until smooth.
4. Divide the yellow peach halves between two attractive bowls. Pour in the purée and chill for 4 hours. Garnish with a little mint and serve.
MIKAËL GROU’S WINE PAIRING
A Pinot gris vendanges tardives (late harvest) from Alsace