Tra Tra Punch
From the upper slopes of the Tra Tra Mountains in the Cederberg region comes this punch that will transport you to the heady heights of Rooibos country.
Makes about ten martini glasses (150 ml or 2/3 cup)
Basic sugar syrup (make ahead to add chilled)
- 260 g (9 oz. or 1 1/3 cups) sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cups) white rum
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cups) orange juice, well chilled
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cups) pineapple juice, well chilled
- 10 g (6 teaspoons) Red VeldtRed Veldt - Rooibos Nature8,00 €View
Special equipment: a muslin or cheesecloth infusion bag
1. For the syrup: In a heavy bottomed saucepan over high heat, bring the water and sugar to boil. Do not cover with the lid. Leave to boil for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
Spoon the Red Veldt into the infusion bag and leave to infuse in the syrup for 10 minutes with the lid on. Remove the infusion bag and leave to cool, then chill.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the rum, orange juice, pineapple juice and syrup.
Serve cold, adding ice cubes if necessary.