Rooibos-scented courgette and butternut squash soup
A hearty soup for chilly winter evenings
Makes one large pot for a table of hungry family and friends – Serves 8 to 10
- 3 litres (12 cups) mineral or filtered water
- 15 g (3 tablespoons or ½ oz.) Kalahari CampKalahari Camp - Rooibos Rouge Sauvage Bio15,07 €View or Red VeldtRed Veldt - Rooibos Nature14,12 €View
- 2 kg (4 ½ lbs.) butternut squash
- 8 medium courgettes (zucchini)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
1. Bring the water to the boil. Infuse the rooibos for 15 minutes in a large teapot or jug, using a muslin or cheesecloth bag.
2. Peel and dice the vegetables. Place in a large pot and pour in enough strained rooibos infusion to cover the vegetables to three-quarters. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 1 hour 30 minutes, or until well softened.
3. Set aside the cooking liquid. Place the vegetables in a blender and process for a few minutes, adding a little liquid if necessary to thin. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle in a little olive oil. Serve immediately.